Sunday, April 27, 2008

First day of PKP tomorrow

Tomorrow is my first day of the Ivey Preparatory Knowledge Program. It is an optional set of classes intended to ramp up and refresh certain fundamental concepts drawn upon during Ivey MBA coursework. First up we have the quantitative analysis primer, and I've already had to do homework before my first class. It was to read a business case and create an Excel model to assist in pricing and cost indecisions. "Quant" goes for four days, then three days of economics, and finally three days of accounting. It will be fairly intense - 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday for two weeks. Fortunately, none of it will count on our transcript.

I had a fun day on my last day before school. Julia and I drove to Toronto to have a barbecue at Mary Ann and Victor's house. Melissa had arrived a couple days ago and was staying there. After having a huge lunch, Melissa, Julia and I went downtown to poke around. We brought Melissa back with us to London for a couple of days. Julia and her are going to stay busy while I am at school.

The 401 - count the 16 lanes.

BBQ at Mary Ann and Victor's

Yonge and Dundas




No comments: