Monday, April 21, 2008

Family ties in London

When I told my aunt Ann and uncle Bud that I would be attending Western, they informed me that my Bud had gone to school there. He attended St. Peter's Seminary, which is affiliated with The University of Western Ontario, between approximately 1954 and 1959. Bud seemed to have fond memories of London, recounting the beauty of the Thames River in the summertime. Since Bud had since left the church, they weren't sure whether he was still recognized as an alum.

While Julia was having her interview at the University Hospital, I decided to visit St. Peter's. It was a grand stone building with a tall tower that is visible from miles away. The grounds were expansive and covered in lush green lawns. Once inside, I discovered to my delight that photos of the graduates lined the hallways. I looked through the photos from the 1950s, and there he was: "Rev. F. M. Godderis." He looked so young! I snapped a few photos to send back to the family.






No comments: