Thursday, September 18, 2008

I should be studying instead of writing this

Electives have passed in the blink of an eye and I am now studying for my Competition final exam tomorrow. I must say that my stress level is quite high these days. There are a lot of deadlines related to extracurricular activities that are on top of all the course work I've been doing. For instance, the MBAA (student association) has a new website that needs a host so it can be launched. Because it is based on a platform unsupported by Ivey IT (a bit of an oversight by the former class), we need to find a third party to host it. There is a lot of pressure to get it done soon but it isn't totally up to me; I have to rely on other people. There are delays in communication and people are busy with recruiting, so decisions can't be made quickly. I wish I could control it myself and just "git 'er dun." It's probably a major lesson in management and is something I should get used to.
Next week Julia and I plan to go camping at The Pinery near Grand Bend. I'm really looking forward to getting away from everything, especially email. I hope the weather holds up.
Just a quick one today - I should get back to studying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What platform does it need to run on?

Anonymous said...

The Pinery sounds like more fun! You should quit school and learn to relax....get a bottle of wine from Niagara and lay on the beach. Its way more relaxing! Only 5 percent of the world even sees a web site,many are illiterate and cant read.Quit now, before they make you graduate!

Chris said...

It is based on a content management system called Drupal and runs on Linux. Many web hosts run Drupal so it wasn't too hard to find one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, drupal, good choice. I use drupal for my site and a few others I've built for friends. Recently built one at Kodak too for some people at Kincaid. In the Kodak case it's running in a Linux VM. And for my own sites I use slicehost.